Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A DIY Project Finished

Yesterday, before I had to study for my last final (woot woot!), I had the chance to finish the dessert/muffin stand I started for Cor & I. He really like how it turned out--and he told me I did a good job on centering all the pieces :)

He's been helping me to glue all of the other ones together since I can never seem to get them centered. But this one, i did all by myself!

I love making these stands! They are totally unique...I suppose if I had sets of dishes I could make two of the same but where is the fun in that?

I love the pattern on the bottom tier & the brass candle stick is so pretty. I love the amber candy dish on the bottom too...I hardly ever find amber glass dishes at thrift stores so I couldn't pass it up! The top and bottom plates are from a totally different plate sets but are hand-painted by the same Japanese company-----just a little info on the materials :)

Yay! On to the next project :)

2 comments:

stephanie [the merry way] said...

They look great - totally unique, vintage-y feel to them - love it!

Janette said...

Hey! Hey! These are looking fantastic Cassie!!!! I love the colors on this one! I want to make one! How do you stick them together? Gum? Elmers Glue stick?


Janette, the Jongleur

Desert Thrift & Craft Shop