Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Up-cycled Shirt

I love this burgandy v-tee I bought at Target...but my stupis seatbelt has rubbed holes in it. I didn't want to just throw it away so I thought I would cover the holes somehow. This is what I came up with--
It's a one-of-a-kind shirt now :) I don't know how to sew or use a sewing machine so my awesome mother-in-law, Adele sewed it together for me ♥

I LOVE IT! I wore it yesterday and got a few compliments!

I had to put craft glue around the edges of the owl--and I'm going to put some behind the buttons and PRAY that it doesn't fray or come unraveled.

I think it looks pretty fantastic--what do you think?

I just might have to invest in a little hand-held sewing machine for this kind of fun stuff.

Thanks Adele, for helping me with this fun project! 


And I had to wear my:


2 comments:

Mikelle Jade said...

this turned out awesome! YOU ARE SO AMAZING, I seriously love the owl and stripes!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

I love your addition! Such a pretty improvement!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

Desert Thrift & Craft Shop